Other Services

Family Cases

Family cases are a type of civil case, but they generally involve issues between or concerning spouses, parents, and children.  Family courts handle a wide variety of cases involving domestic matters. 

Cheque Bounce cases

Dishonored cheque is cheque that the bank on which is drawn declines to pay (“honour”). There are a number of reasons why a bank would refuse to honor a cheque, with insufficient funds being the most common cause.

Getting a cheque bounced or dishonored is considered as a criminal offense, punishable by fines and/or jail term, under Section 138 of the N.I Act.


Civil Cases

A civil case is a lawsuit that usually deals with contracts and/or torts. Torts, generally speaking, are wrongful (negligent) acts that result in damage or injury. Civil cases can occur by way of action or application. As a result, the information in this document may not apply to these types of cases.

Filing and contesting writ matters

Under Article 32 of the Constitution of India any person can file a Writ Petition in the Supreme Court of India seeking to protect his/her fundamental rights, guaranteed by the Constitution of India. Any person can directly approach the Supreme Court of India only in the above mentioned situation. Otherwise, in cases where their statutory rights or natural justice rights are violated by the State or any organization which can be termed as State, High Court can be approached by a Writ Petition under 226 of the Constitution of India.